- Born in Romania during WWII. Survived, with his parents and brother, the Nazi occupation and communist rule
- Immigrated to Israel and placed in a refugee camp
- Joined the Israeli Defense Force after high school
- Graduated from the Hebrew University Medical School in Jerusalem
- Served as a physician for the IDF advanced paratroopers unit
- Immigrated to the United States in 1975 and became a citizen in 1980
- Practiced surgery in the Sacramento area since 1989 – with over 20,000 local patients
- Longtime resident of Fair Oaks
Education & Professional Memberships
- Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York – Internship and research
- Surgical Residency: UCLA-Harbor General, UCSF -Mount Zion Medical Center
- Lincoln Law School, Sacramento, CA – Member of the California Bar
- Certified by the American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- National Cancer Institute Investigator
- Member of the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group
- Member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Fellow of the Society of Surgical Oncology
- Extensive experience in the full-range of general surgery, surgical oncology, surgical endocrinology and advanced laparoscopic surgery. Experience includes esophageal, gastric, colorectal, Thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery.
- Introduced sentinel lymph node mapping technology in the field of Melanoma and Breast cancer in our area.
- Genetic counseling in Breast and Colorectal Cancer.
- Extensive experience in the management and diagnosis of breast cancer and the use of diagnostic and interventional Breast Ultrasound and oncoplastic breast surgery.
- Active participation in clinical research in Breast cancer and Melanoma, as a member of the American College of Surgeon Oncology Group and National Cancer Institute Investigator.
- Speaker in the field of Surgical Oncology with special emphasis on Breast cancer, Melanoma and Genetic Counseling in hereditary breast and colon cancer.
- President and Medical Director of California Physicians Alliance, a 250 physicians medical group
- Cancer Liaison to the American College of Surgeons
- Surgical Chairman of the Tumor Board
- Chairman of Tissue Committee
- Member of the Medical Executive Committee
- Chief of Surgery
- Chairman of the Physician Wellness Committee